A walkthrough animation of the design for a new RES4 Prefab home, located on a beautiful country hillside site in Callicoon, NY overlooking a historic seminary and the Delaware River along the New York-Pennsylvania border.
- 119-Panel photovoltaic array (roughly a 24kW system using 200-watt panels, with the potential to increase capacity using higher-wattage panels). Estimated to generate 2 to 3 times the total energy consumption of the house.
- Geothermal heating and cooling system, integrated with high-efficiency high velocity AC system, and radiant floor heating.
- Rainwater collection cisterns for maintaining the vegetable garden and lawn.
- Passive heating strategies using tile, stone and concrete flooring as thermal masses.
- Primary southern exposure with large sliding glass doors for natural daylighting and passive winter heating, with roof overhangs and brise soleils to mitigate excess solar heat gain during summers.
- Super-insulated, air-tight "flash and batt" enclosure: 2" spray foam insulation + fiberglass batt throughout.
- LED down lights throughout.
- Robust, durable, long-lasting materials including bamboo wood flooring (a rapidly renewable material source), stone, standing seam metal roofing, etc.