East Hampton Addition - This new project is a 5,700 sf. addition to an existing home in Amagansett, NY. The new addition will have a site built squash court along side modules that will contain 5 bedrooms and 5 baths.
Arlington, VA - Construction for this 6 bed, 4/5 bath residence has begun! Concrete footing have been poured, foundation walls to come next. Stay tuned for more updates!
Check out an updated video walk-through of the schematic design for this loft renovation within the historic 1898 Sohmer Piano Building, with direct views of the Iconic Flatiron Building across the street. and Madison Square Park beyond.
The Main space of the apartment features a sleek kitchen integrated into an impressive library wall (with rolling ladder) that takes full advantage of 14-foot high ceilings. A modern fireplace is integrated into the library wall and creates an anchor for the living space. Adjacent to the living space is dining, and then a cozy TV nook (with a built-in sofa) is tucked under a lofted study space on a mezzanine level above, which is accessed by a spiral stair that is also integrated into the library wall. The lofted study includes glass railings and structural glass flooring.
A walkthrough animation of the design for a new RES4 Prefab home, located on a beautiful country hillside site in Callicoon, NY overlooking a historic seminary and the Delaware River along the New York-Pennsylvania border.
- 119-Panel photovoltaic array (roughly a 24kW system using 200-watt panels, with the potential to increase capacity using higher-wattage panels). Estimated to generate 2 to 3 times the total energy consumption of the house.
- Geothermal heating and cooling system, integrated with high-efficiency high velocity AC system, and radiant floor heating.
- Rainwater collection cisterns for maintaining the vegetable garden and lawn.
- Passive heating strategies using tile, stone and concrete flooring as thermal masses.
- Primary southern exposure with large sliding glass doors for natural daylighting and passive winter heating, with roof overhangs and brise soleils to mitigate excess solar heat gain during summers.
- Super-insulated, air-tight "flash and batt" enclosure: 2" spray foam insulation + fiberglass batt throughout.
- LED down lights throughout.
- Robust, durable, long-lasting materials including bamboo wood flooring (a rapidly renewable material source), stone, standing seam metal roofing, etc.
Design of the Sagaponac Longhouse is in progress. Check out the animated fly-through of the design in-progress.
LONG EDDY, NY - The foundation is complete and assembly has begun for the Handsome Hollow wedding barn! Check out the progress and more about Handsome Hollow here.
We designed within the parameters of the original 18th century post-and-beam Amish barn frame to provide seating for 150+ people, a modern catering kitchen, bar, ADA bathrooms, and a large mezzanine.
Future Friday! "Three Pines" is a new 2,100 sf single-story home off the coast of the Chesapeake bay is Maryland.